Thread: Alky/Alcohol Injection.

Alky/Alcohol Injection.

This is the basis:
    http://members.cox.net/stevemonroe/AlcoholInjMod.html

This is the heart of my system:
    GM FUEL PUMP TAHOE YUKON AC# MU1222 SUV 02-04 FLEX FUEL
    GM# 10355739 AC DELCO# MU1222. GUARANTEE TO WORK TO SPEC.
    GOOD USED FUEL PUMP TESTED AT 48LBS. OF FUEL PRESSURE
    SELL NEW FOR $465.00 I WILL SELL FOR LESS.
    HOW TO MAKE SURE YOUR ENGINE VIN # IS CORRECT, LOOK FOR THE 8TH ONE IN YOUR FULL VIN #.( EXAMPLE) xxxxxxx?xxxxxxxxx

FITS ALL VEHICLES LISTED BELOW.
    Year Make Model Engine
    2004 CHEVROLET TAHOE V8 5.3L 323cid FLEX FI N Engine VIN = Z
    2004 GMC YUKON V8 5.3L 323cid FLEX FI N Engine VIN = Z
    2003 CHEVROLET TAHOE V8 5.3L 323cid FLEX FI N Engine VIN = Z
    2003 GMC YUKON V8 5.3L 323cid FLEX FI N Engine VIN = Z
    2002 GMC YUKON V8 5.3L 323cid FLEX FI N Engine VIN = Z
    2002 CHEVROLET TAHOE V8 5.3L 323cid FLEX FI N Engine VIN = Z
    The rest of this is pretty standard as per the original DIY link. I am going to use a fogger and a solenoid to stage the system for a second stage. This is in the interest of running the Dodge on cheap gas with the current boost level (or higher), rather than on high-test. The intial stage is for 5psi, the second will kick in over 15psi. This should keep the car from bogging out from a rich condition.

More to follow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS (mit der Haha-Gerät)|'87 Turbo T (mit dem Furz-Gerät)|'02 Camaro B4C|'07 TrailBlazer SS|

Here at XceedSpeed.com we don't stop until we make you cry...

Don't really need it until higher boost. I have been using E85 as the injection material of choice since it is easily found and seems to work very well. You see at least 10% increase in power as long as you have a turbo able to support higher boost levels.
    Dan
    R35 GTR (in pieces, soon to rise again)

What kind of price are you getting that pump for? The ShurFlo runs a little over $100...and there's a few different places you can pick them up.
    2011 Durango
    2014 CX-5 AWD

The pump was $35 plus shipping to Canada was a total of $70 Cdn.

Beats the Shurflo pumps hands down.
    '80 LeMans Wagon|'87 Monte Carlo SS (mit der Haha-Gerät)|'87 Turbo T (mit dem Furz-Gerät)|'02 Camaro B4C|'07 TrailBlazer SS|

Quote Originally Posted by Guru
    Don't really need it until higher boost. I have been using E85 as the injection material of choice since it is easily found and seems to work very well. You see at least 10% increase in power as long as you have a turbo able to support higher boost levels.
    And your point is what? Other than feeling a need to state the obvious.

I have the parts to go to "higher boost levels"... my real intention is to stop running expensive base fuels.

Great price on that pump...I figured it had to be something along those lines.

I looked into piecing together an alcohol system to try to keep from having to run high octane leaded fuel for higher boost levels.

E85 would be great, but there's not a single station in this area that sells the stuff.
    2011 Durango
    2014 CX-5 AWD

Hey Mike, just be careful with the Alcohol. There is alot of daily maintence that has to be taken into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Lottaboost!!!
    Hey Mike, just be careful with the Alcohol. There is alot of daily maintence that has to be taken into consideration.
    Such as?

Mike
    I have alcohol injection on my evo and I had it on my VR4 before I sold it
    I lost a motor in the evo because I blew the line off the pump.. 25 psi ,alot of timing and half way down the track resulted in a fractured piston which eventually broke.
    I would suggest getting the fail safe from Snowperformance.net..
    http://www.snowperformance.net/product.php?pk=13

It hooks up in line with the supply line coming from the pump... IF this unit detects the absense of methanol, it triggers a relay or solenoid I think that evacuates all your boost . Might be something to consider.
    also warning LEDS like when the pump is functioning, Low level indicator for your resevoir might be useful as well.
    Also I opted to replace to "quick disconect" hoses.. with AN lines so there was no possible way that these lines could ever blow off

hope it helps some.
    ~WARREN~
    www.antilagracing.com
    03 EVO 10.86 @ 134.73 Best mph 139.00 (VIDA) best 60' 1.646. (2012)
    90 GST 10.36 @ 142.49 (JANET) best 1/8th MPH of 113.90 best 60' :1.69 best mph 147.10 (2010)
    91 Eagle Summit 11.31@ 125.691 best 60' of 1.77 best 1/8th mph 102.30 best Mph 127.6 (2014)
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y23...ignature-1.jpg

R.I.P my companion, my friend, my Tidus 6/15/02 -3/5/12

Quote Originally Posted by antilag_200
    Mike
    I have alcohol injection on my evo and I had it on my VR4 before I sold it
    I lost a motor in the evo because I blew the line off the pump.. 25 psi ,alot of timing and half way down the track resulted in a fractured piston which eventually broke.
    I would suggest getting the fail safe from Snowperformance.net..
    http://www.snowperformance.net/product.php?pk=13

It hooks up in line with the supply line coming from the pump... IF this unit detects the absense of methanol, it triggers a relay or solenoid I think that evacuates all your boost . Might be something to consider.
    also warning LEDS like when the pump is functioning, Low level indicator for your resevoir might be useful as well.
    Also I opted to replace to "quick disconect" hoses.. with AN lines so there was no possible way that these lines could ever blow off

hope it helps some.
    Do you know a good place to get AN lines? and what size lines were you using for your setup...thanx
    Vorchsprung durch technique

Quote Originally Posted by kshgl87
    Do you know a good place to get AN lines? and what size lines were you using for your setup...thanx
    Summit racing... -3 or -4 AN should be fine. Make sure it is alcohol compatible.

^^thanx
    Vorchsprung durch technique

for alchy arent you supposed to use a pump that can put out at least 60 lbs to properly atomize the alchy?

back seat = dog seat x99percent's Avatar
    Progressive injection systems suck. After the pump shuts off, the injector will still dribble until the check valve (if you have one) can stop the flow. A system with a high-speed valve and good safeguards is the only way to go...

Video: http://media.putfile.com/lag-20-33
    HSV on the left , progressive setup on the right .

A *proper* system will have safeguards that detect not only "not enough" flow, but "too much" flow as well! Why? Well, what happens when you rupture a line? You get non-stop flow.

I'm actually selling a basic AquaMist 2D kit, so that I can upgrade to "beefier" one.
    www.aquamist.co.uk

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by x99percent
    Progressive injection systems suck. After the pump shuts off, the injector will still dribble until the check valve (if you have one) can stop the flow. A system with a high-speed valve and good safeguards is the only way to go...

Video: http://media.putfile.com/lag-20-33
    HSV on the left , progressive setup on the right .

A *proper* system will have safeguards that detect not only "not enough" flow, but "too much" flow as well! Why? Well, what happens when you rupture a line? You get non-stop flow.

I'm actually selling a basic AquaMist 2D kit, so that I can upgrade to "beefier" one.
    www.aquamist.co.uk
    You buy the good stuff